mardi 16 juillet 2019

(To This Day… ) What’s with all the Keane thing? ENGLISH


At first, this was supposed to be a Facebook album with the pictures taken at Keane’s show in Hyde Park last Sunday. Now that I’ve written what was supposed to be the intro of the album, I realize that it’s rather more a complete article than an “simple” introduction. Then why not doing so and bringing back life to the blog, even for a “one-shot”, eh?

So here’s what happened… And sure, the pictures are there too. That’s what it was supposed to be at first.. right? ;)

March 2004 : Belgian radios were airing Somewhere Only We Know whose lyrics literally spoke to me as my roots are from the countryside… I had one of that place somewhere inside the woods where I’d go to find peace when needed, somewhere only I know and where nobody could come to disturb me. To this day, it’s still my peaceful and private place.

May 2004 : release of Hopes and Fears… The first time I’ve heard Bedshaped, I’ve had an unexpected reaction : something broke in me and I ended up in tears. Three years before, I had lost 2 friends in a terrible car accident and even though life went on, I never really had found the best way and time to grieve. For some reason, the lyrics completely resonated with me and I felt like this was exactly how I was feeling back then. To this day, I still cry everytime I hear the song.

September 2006 : (finally!) started singing lessons. The first song I picked to work on was… Nothing in my Way. To this day, I still sing everyday… but not only Keane songs.

May 2012 : release of Strangeland, therefore an article on my music blog. Containing an open letter to MusicOMH’s John Murphy to condemn his attitude towards Tom Chaplin and lack of professional attitude. To this day, I’m still waiting for his answer.

July 2013 : Keane at TW Classic festival… and in my arms for a pic, taken  to remember that day. My friend and I were in the gold circle and there was this guy looking a lot like Jesse. “naaah that can’t be him”. Moment of doubt, took a look back, turned my eyes on the left… I recognized Tim, opened my mouth and eyes damn wide, thinking I was dreaming, looked again and… there! Richard was there too! So… Keane right behind me and Sprinsgteen right in front of me… To this day, it’s still one of the craziest situations I’ve end up in.

May 2014 : sending Richard the Super Deluxe Edition of… the Best Of Keane. The man is so generous that he gave his last one away and didn’t even had any left for himself… Thing is, that one was not so easy to find back then and… I had good friends at my music store. That was definitely one surreal moment for a fan to send an artist his own album… :D . To this day, I still have a large smile when I see my own copy in my music collection.

March 2019 : the band is announced as one of the special guests of Robbie Williams’performance at BST in Hyde Park. Having already secured my ticket in December, this was a hell of an announcement. Was at work when I received the news. To this day, I’m not sure my colleagues saw me jumping that high…

June 2019 : announcement… Keane will be playing at my beloved Royal Albert Hall. Can’t miss that! Or will I? Nope.. managed to get one ticket. For each of the two days of concert. To this day, I’m still happy to know how to get tickets when it comes to the RAH (AKA going straight to the website and log yourself 10 minutes before the tickets are released… gaining seconds is vital in such situations :D )

July 2019 : with the exception of a few dates, Keane had not been playing live since 2013… and here they are in Hyde Park. Such a magic moment and the guys looked so happy to be back together. And so are we. So much. And yes, I totally cried when they played Bedshaped. AGAIN (and again? Reminds of a a song...) To this day, it’s the BEST BST edition I’ve been to… (Yep, even The Cure have now been put aside by the 2019 edition. No disrespect though…)

As far as I can remember, my life has always been filled with music, even before I could walk (thanks dad!). I simply can’t live without it. But… there are some artists that are close to my heart for many different reasons. Sometimes it’s the music, sometimes it’s the lyrics, sometimes it’s the voice, sometimes it’s the emotions they give me, whether it is a smile or tears… and sometimes, it’s for the whole lot. No matter what happens to the band in the future, I know I’ll always keep them in my heart. Cos they are part of the “whole lot” kind of artists.

And I sure as hell know I’m not the only one. And I sure as hell know Keane has brought a lot to many people. Maybe more than anyone (or even the guys themselves) can imagine. I guess the thing called “the power of music” can plead guilty…

So Jesse, Richard, Tim and Tom… thank you for those life moments with you (and the music notes!) and… welcome back Keane!. And see you veeery soon! (And yes, I’ll have my tiny camera again at the Royal Albert Hall to immortalize you. Except if you allow me to take its big brother… Would you? )

Enough talk now, let's get to the pictures! Enjoy people! ;)











































Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire